Meals consisting of fish are very appreciated at home. When I saw this recipe in Gasparzinha’s blog (one of my favorite blogs) I immediately put it in my (very long) ‘to do’ list.
I made some little modifications to the original recipe, which included muschrooms that I did not have at the moment. But the simple leek cream with a touch of curry gives this fish a wonderful and surprising flavor.
4 white fish fillets2 medium leeks
2 tsp ground coriander, separated
1 tsp curry, separated
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 slices of corn bread (or other bread)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ºC/350 ºC.
2. Season the fillets with the lemon juice and salt to taste. Place in a baking pan.
3. Process the bread with ½ tsp curry and 1 tsp coriander.
4. Wash the leeks and slice them thinly. Heat the olive oil in a small pan, add the leeks and let it fry at low heat for about 10 min. Add the remaining ½ tsp curry and 1 tsp coriander and season with salt after the first 5 min.
5. Remove from the heat, add the milk, and mash it until you obtain a cream.
6. Distribute the leek cream over the fish fillets, sprinkle with the processed bread and put in the oven for 30 min, or until the fish is cooked and the bread is golden and crisp.